|Funding opportunity||U.S. nonprofit organizations, with 501(c)(3) status under the Internal Revenue Code. In particular, organizations promoting grassroots cultural exchange between the two countries, including, but not limited to, Japan-America Societies, Japanese Gardens, and Museums that perform outreach to local communities through their Japanese collections.|
|Benefits||Up to $10,000|
U.S.-Japan-related nonprofit organizations have been struggling to maintain regular programming and outreach as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. In particular, small and mid-sized organizations that operate on a grassroots level are facing financial difficulties and uncertain futures.
The purpose of this grant program is to provide short-term assistance with operational costs as well as support for the development of new forms of programming that will help sustain the organization in the long-term especially for small and mid-sized organizations (less than 10 full-time staff) and organizations with immediate needs (e.g. shortage of cash reserves).
This program was conducted in 2020.
Projects are required to include the following elements:
- Clear and concrete articulation of immediate needs;
- At least one (1) tangible output* that will lead to long-term outcomes and sustained impact such as:
- Online and/or digital projects that are interactive in nature, as gatherings of people may not be feasible for the foreseeable future
- Strategic planning that focuses on future activities that can be implemented in a society changed by COVID-19. A report of the outcomes must be created.
- Projects must conclude by December 31, 2020; grant funds must also be expended by December 31, 2020
- *Outputs may be publicized by CGP as examples of good practices.
Please download and read the full guidelines prior to starting the application process.
Full proposals must be received by 6:00 p.m. (EDT), August 31, 2020. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and we encourage early submission. Proposals will be reviewed and applicants will be notified approximately 1 month after initial application submission.
Proposals must include the following sections, arranged in this order:
- CGP Grant Application Cover Sheet – with e-signatures
- Narrative description of the project
- Detailed project budget using the CGP Budget Template
- Curricula vitae for all collaborators and key participants
- Institutional information
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status
- Japan Society Boston
- OIST Foundation