The Japan Foundation New York has two Yoroi (Japanese Armor) sets that are available to loan, especially for cultural and educational events such as matsuri festivals!
- In principle, the yoroi sets may only be loaned to a Japan-related nonprofit organization.
- Loans are for up to 2 weeks.
- Please submit the request to loan at least 2 weeks before the event date.
- Rentals are free, but borrowers are responsible for shipping costs.
- Please contact us at GEEprogram@jpf.go.jp for more information about borrowing a yoroi set!
Watch this video to learn how to wear yoroi as well as how the armor was designed to protect the samurai in battle!