Grantee: Randolph-Macon College
Grant Period: December 1, 2011 – August 31, 2016
Year 1: December 1, 2011 – August 31, 2012
Grant Amount: 100,000 USD
Year 1 Project Details:
1. R -MC Faculty Travel to Japan （Summer 2012, 2 weeks）
This is a professional development opportunity for R-MC faculty members; the goals are to increase course offerings in Japanese Language and Culture and to establish student travel courses to Japan in Year 2 of this project.
2. Workshop and Website for Virginia Teachers（Spring 2012, 2 days）
A seminar workshop on Japanese history, geography, and culture for Virginia elementary, middle, and high school teachers who intend to teach courses that include significant content on Japan.
3. Taylor Anderson/Japan Foundation “Scholarship” （Summer 2012）
Provides financial support for students who demonstrate a high ability in Japanese Language to enroll in an accredited summer language immersion program in the U.S. or in Japan.
4. Taylor Anderson/Japan Foundation Japanese Scholar-in-Residence（Spring 2012）
R-MC will increase offerings in Japanese Studies with a new course in Spring 2012 by hiring a Japanese studies scholar; in future years the Scholar-in-Residence will teach Japanese language courses.
5. Taylor Anderson/Japan Foundation Memorial Collection of Japanese Literature and Film
R-MC will expand the Japanese Literature and Film collection at their library through the acquisition of additional fiction and modern work.
6. Taylor Anderson/Japan Foundation Lecture (Spring 2012)
R-MC will hold a lecture on Japanese literature or culture in March 2012 to commemorate the Great East Japan Earthquake.