Thank you very much for using the Japan Foundation, New York (hereinafter called “JFNY”) website. This site is operated on the basis of the following rules of use with the objective of supplying information of JFNY. People who access and use this site are deemed to agree with this site policy.
- Exemption of responsibility
- The copyrights (or intellectual property rights) for information carried on this site, such as text, illustrations, pictures, and images, all belong to JFNY unless otherwise stated.
- All or part of the information carried on this site cannot be reprinted or reproduced for any purpose other than private use.
- The information carried on this site can be quoted for mainly educational purposes, etc. and within the scope specified by law. In this case, please give a credit in the following way: for example, “Courtesy of the Japan Foundation, New York” or “Source: The Japan Foundation, New York.”
- However, of pictures and images on this site, in the case of those relating to a specific person, the consent of that person is necessary in order to protect that person’s rights. For ways of obtaining a person’s consent, etc., please contact us: 212-489-0299.
- Information carried on this site cannot be used for commercial purposes, such as advertising or selling a product. However, if consent has been obtained from JFNY, the use of information carried on this site might be permitted for commemorative goods, etc. In this case, JFNY does not recommend or encourage the said item (commemorative good, etc.) and does not exclusively authorize it.
2. Exemption of responsibility
- The utmost care is given to security on this site. However, this does not guarantee that the possibility of mistaken contents resulting from uncontrollable factors, such as falsification by a third party, is completely eliminated. JFNY does not bear responsibility for any damage to persons resulting from the use of this site or information on this site.
- In order to facilitate the convenience of people using this site, this site includes contents, links, and other information suggested by third parties and translations of these items carried out by JFNY for which JFNY does not have responsibility.
JFNY collects information on visitors to this website in order to better provide the services available on the site. The collected information is handled with all due care in the manner described below.
- Restrictions on use and supply JFNY will not intentionally reveal identifying information collected from users to a third party, except in the following three cases: — If there is a legal obligation to supply such information — If the consent of the owner of the information is obtained — If it must be revealed to an external service provider contracted by JFNY to provide information processing services. In such cases, information is revealed only within the scope necessary for the performance of the said work.
JFNY adopts rational measures to prevent the accidental disclosure of collected information to a third party. Please understand, however, that the security measures taken by JFNY do not guarantee complete security regarding the leakage of information that can identify individual users, etc.
- The information and URL of this site may be changed or deleted without advance notification.
- While the utmost care is taken to ensure the accuracy of information carried on this site, JFNY does not bear any responsibility whatsoever for any actions taken by users after using this site.
- The company names, product names, logos, etc. carried on this site are registered trademarks of the organizations or sales entities concerned.
- Due to technical limitations of the electronic media, fonts, etc. might differ from those in printed publicity materials (for example, machine-dependent characters, personal names).
- Due to system disorder, maintenance, etc., the supply of information from this site might be temporarily suspended. The reproduction without permission of articles and photographs carried on this site is prohibited.